Sunday, July 28, 2019

July 28, 2019 - Tanned.

Me and my family have spent the past week in the Var department, enjoying a nice relaxing, but also tiring vacation. Even though I'm not a fan of sun bathing or tanning, and the only times you will see me in the direct sun is when walking from one shade spot to the next, I did seem to have gotten a tan. You be the judge, I have been so already.
Anyway, after a smooth eight hour drive, we arrived back home yesterday afternoon, but I still have a whole week of holiday in front of me. One that will be spent at home, in the always so beautiful forest.

This morning I went back to what is now called the Mont Blanc Ouest area. During my vacation, where I didn't climb at all, Olivier Joanon had been busy in the area and had opened quite some new problems, out of which a handful in the seventh grade.
I warmed up in "Nom d'un Menhir", on the backside of the boulder across "Rasta Roquette". Nice little prow where it's mostly about foot placement. Not hard for the grade, but I did have fun with this one.

Fontainebleau - Mont Blanc Ouest - Nom d'un Menhir 7A+




As I was there and still had plenty of battery left in my camera, I decided to repeat "Rasta Roquette (assis)", which I opened just before leaving on vacation, but wasn't able to get a video of it.
This morning I got it on video, but not without losing some skin off the back of my hand.

Fontainebleau - Mont Blanc Ouest - Rasta Roquette (assis) 7B+(7C)




At about 80m from there, I noticed someone between some boulders, and it turned out to be Laurent Darlot who was working in "Mont Suribachi", one of the boulders that I still wanted try this morning.
I watched him send it and remembered some of his beta, but as we don't quite have the same morphology, nor the same strengths, I had to use a different one. One that turned out to be a good one for me in the end.
I really enjoyed this boulder. Very nice one.

Fontainebleau - Mont Blanc Ouest - Mont Suribachi 7B(7B+)


No comments:

Post a Comment