Monday, July 29, 2019

July 29, 2019 - Skull & Bones.

I like the far end of Franchard Sablons. The Franchard region can be very crowded, but it's quite rare to see other climbers or hikers in that part of it.
I wanted to try quite some problems, but it was already hot quite early and my hands were sweaty for some reason and I couldn't find good friction anywhere. It didn't bother me very much though, because even though I couldn't top out, I was climbing and enjoying the deafening silence of the forest.

Deer skull at "L'ArĂȘte de l'Abri-Bivouac".

The only problem that I managed to top out this morning, was the very nice line "Matagot (sortie droite)". A problem that I had never dared trying due to the exposed factor created by the boulder just below you when doing the last moves.
Somehow it didn't scare me away this time, but practiced the last moves and finished it on my first attempt from the sitstart.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Sablons Ouest - Matagot (sortie droite) 7A+


No comments:

Post a Comment