Thursday, July 4, 2019

July 04, 2019 - The die is cast again.

I still remember it well, when I did "Alea Jacta Est" in Roche aux Oiseaux, back in October 2016. It was beautiful Autumn day, and I still had to go to the South for work.
Slightly different situation today, being a hot Summer day in the beginning of July. I had done working and and already diner when I arrived at Roche aux Oiseaux this evening with only one thing on my mind, the sitstart of "Alea Jacta Est".
It had been a hot day, but there was a slight breeze and the air felt very dry. Something that could be noticed when touching the rock.

I still wanted to do something with my youngest son Noah, so I didn't have a lot of time, but I didn't feel any pressure. The area is close to home, the walk not far, and I knew that is still going to be dry for a while, so I could come come back soon if it didn't work out today.
Touching the crimp quite easily with every try, so I knew that it was just a matter of a bit of luck to deadpoint at the right time and crimp on the right spot.
When it suddenly stuck for the second time, I still expected to slide off the crimp, but somehow managed to stay on it and reach for the next hold. I knew that it was kind of over from then on, but I didn't want to make any wrong move, so held my breath and climbed on to reach the top.
Just like when I did the standing start, it came unexpected, but who cares, the die is cast.

Fontainebleau - Roche aux Oiseaux - Alea Jacta Est (assis) 7C+


No comments:

Post a Comment