Friday, July 12, 2019

July 12, 2019 - Stupid fairy tail.

No, I didn't make a typo when writing tail in the title of this post. It's more meant as a reference to my tail bone for a tail that I don't have. That's why I sometimes jokingly call it my fairy tail bone.
As we don't, or no longer, have a tail, we often forget about it or are plainly unaware of its existence, but nevertheless, it's always there. Right at the very bottom of your spine.
The few moments in life when we get reminded of having one is mostly because we fell on it and can feel the pain in which it can result.

Being reminded of having a tail bone, is exactly what happened to me after work, when I stopped at Franchard Isatis and did my first try in "La Power-Lolotte (assis)". I missed the sloper of the first move and fell with that useless part of my body right on one the tree roots just above the surface.
It's the kind of pain that makes your toes curl and even though not crying, can make your eyes tear.
It hurt like crazy, but luckily the adrenalin took over during my next attempts, not making the pain go away, but rather making it bearable.
I only had a short hour that I could climb, but was able to make it just in time.
Even without the big hold near the top that broke off in 2017 and has now become a bad sloper, this is still a real beauty. Maybe even nicer now I would dare to say.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Isatis - La Power-Lolotte (assis) 7C




It's only when I cooled down again and the adrenalin faded that my damn fairy tail bone really started to hurt! I wish I didn't realise again that it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment