Saturday, July 13, 2019

July 13, 2019 - Keep on moving.

After a rough night due to the pain on my tail bone, I had difficulties to sit or stand up this morning.
My tail bone was hurting like hell, but I found that moving around slowly made it somewhat bearable, so I went out to see some of the new boulders in the new Mont Simonet Ouest area, hoping that it would be okay enough to climb.

Laurent Darlot was already there before me this morning, working in the long traverse of "Globe-Trotter". He had opened some of the lines in that sector, so he showed me what was what, where and how and gave some good beta to start with "Tout à l'Honneur".
On my first attempt, I held back because of the pain when I lifted up my left foot high. I decided that I should just go for it and deal with the pain later, and made it on my second attempt.

Fontainebleau - Mont Simonet Ouest - Tout à l'Honneur 7A(6C+)




The sitstart, opened by Laurent, proved to be much more interesting. Some very nice moves to get you in the standing start position, and forcing you to pull much harder for the final move.

Fontainebleau - Mont Simonet Ouest - Tout à l'Honneur (assis) 7B




Coming down and jumping the final 50cm off the boulder felt like torture to my fairy tail every time, which didn't really motivate to try something else, but I finished with the seeming first ascent of "Reckless (gauche assis)", where the hardest move is the first one, making me wonder how the standstart can be 6C.
Laurent, being smaller, had to start lower with the left hand, adding another not convenient move to it, but followed immediately after me. He had just finished "Globe-Trotter" anyway.

Fontainebleau - Mont Simonet Ouest - Reckless (gauche assis) 7A(6C+)


No comments:

Post a Comment