Sunday, July 7, 2019

July 07, 2019 - Down the hole.

It was already early afternoon when I arrived back home from Belgium, but I was motivated for a climb and went for it, despite the heat.
It was already 15h, so the sun was high and the car thermometer said 34°C when I parked at the cemetery of Boissy-aux-Cailles.
My first idea was to try some of the problems on the boulder of "Blind Spot" on top of the hill, above "Water Roof", but it was directly in the sun, and the overhang offered much less shade than I had hoped for.
After a few desperate attempts in "Faux Pas" and "Micromégas", the heat became unbearable and I had no choice but to stop climbing on that overhanging face of the boulder.
On my way back down the hill, I couldn't resist from taking a break in the pit of "Water Roof", where it felt nice and cool.

I hadn't planned on trying "Water Roof", because I remembered from last time that the moves in the small cave are quite physical and it felt too hot for that.
Having cooled down substantially deep in that hole though, I decided to give it a few tries.
To my pleasant surprise, the moves went much better than last time and after only a handful of attempts, I fought my way to the top.
Coming back down from the boulder, I noticed that the lid of the camera was still closed. It took a while before I had a more or less good spot for the camera, and apparently had forgotten to press record.
Luckily I was able to repeat it again after another cooling break down the hole.

Fontainebleau - Boissy Vallée de l'Église - Water Roof 7B+(7B)


No comments:

Post a Comment