Sunday, July 14, 2019

July 14, 2019 - Hide & seek.

Bois Rond Le Moine is a relatively new sector near the Auberge, consisting of only a handful of mostly isolated boulders spread over the hill on the South.
When I went looking for the boulder of "Mon Cochon" a few weeks ago, the description to get there, still mentioned taking the Chemin d'Arbonne à Achères for about 1000m and then go right for about 110m. I ended up at the boulder of "Lithothérapie", but wasn't able to find "Mon Cochon" afterwards.
I wasn't able to find the boulder of "La Maison du Sanglier" neither, even though that description said to the Chemin d'Arbonne à Achères for only 250m and then go right and the that boulder can be seen from the path. I walked to every small boulder that I could see from the path, but nothing.

This morning started cloudy and a bit colder, so I thought it would be a good occasion to look for those boulders again. Especially after seeing that the description to find "Mon Cochon" was updated and mentioned to take the Chemin d'Arbonne à Achères for only 400m instead of the 1000m written before.
Using the updated description, I did manage to find "Mon Cochon" this time, even though not without a bit of luck. To future possible repeaters, it helps to know that it's near the top of the hill. Still well hidden.

Hiding under the snout of "Mon Cochon".

Standing in front of the boulder and sitting under that nose, clearly revealed the obvious name of the line I was about to try.
Still suffering from severe pain on my fairy tail, I was afraid to fall and getting hurt even more, so maybe that's why it only took me three attempts. Still it was well worth having played that hide & seek for. A very nice line!

Fontainebleau - Bois Rond Le Moine - Mon Cochon 7A+




I tried to find "La Maison du Sanglier" again following its description, but again nowhere to be found. Until I noticed another path on another side of the hill and deviated from the area I was supposed to look according to the description. There it was clearly, clearly visible from the path below, yet that path is the Chemin Descamps.
Anyway, again only three attempts after having worked out the moves, but not without getting hurt first.

Fontainebleau - Bois Rond Le Moine - La Maison du Sanglier 7A+




So to get there, on the parking standing at the barrier of the Chemin d'Arbonne à Achères, immediately turn right and follow the obvious Chemin Descamps for about 250m where you can see the backside of the boulder, about 50m up the slope on the left side.
Now compare that with the original description and you will understand why hide & seek can take a long time that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment