Sunday, April 22, 2018

April 22, 2018 - One for the road.

I left early again this morning to climb before the heat and because I had to drive to Belgium early afternoon.
The drive took me almost seven hours instead of the normal four, so I'm quite exhausted now.

This morning I quickly went to Rocher du Potala with the plan to climb "Samarkand (rallongé par le bas)" without the left part of the boulder by convention.
A convention that was added after I repeated the problem a first time about two years ago, but with using the left part with my feet.

It took me quite some energy to repeat it without the left part of the boulder, but that was mostly due to my body that was starting to feel tired from the days before.
In any case, the way I recall it, the non-conventional version felt like a good 7B already.
Climbing it by convention (without the left part) adds a small '+' to it, but still enough to be a 7B+ in my humble opinion. Or my body must have really felt tired.
Great problem either way!

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Potala - Samarkand (rallongé par le bas) 7B(7B+)


No comments:

Post a Comment