Wednesday, April 18, 2018

April 18, 2018 - Gotta catch 'em all.

I had only really tried "Pokemon" in Gorge aux Châts once, which is kind of strange as it is so close to home and barely five minutes walking from the parking.
For a long time, however, I had thought that it might be impossible for me. That I wasn't tall enough to reach the small crimp and never going to get out of the roof into the wall above.
It all seemed too hard and too far, but somehow I always thought that there must be a way and the problem never left my mind.

Exactly one week ago, when I was in Gorge aux Châts, the local young Bleausard, Denis Titouan, topped "Pokemon" and he gave me some advice concerning body position to be able to get to the two small crimps over the edge of the roof.
As he's about the same height as I am, this gave me hope and I was eager to try out his advice, but I was out of time.
Having less time than earlier this week, I decided this evening to go to "Pokemon".

Thinking of Denis' method, I immediately felt a positive difference, so much that I even gained hope and started working out all the moves separately.
It took me some time, but after a while, I was able to do the first part nearly every time.
Even though I had done the standing start to practice the topout, the last part proved to be delicate until the very end, especially with the sweaty fingers that I started to have.

I almost gave up on it for the day, but installed the camera again and gave it one last go.
It turned out to be the good one, but I can assure you that it was very sketchy at the end.
The whole time, until I had the final good edge of the boulder, it felt like my fingers or even feet could slip at any moment.
Great, beautiful problem!!

Fontainebleau - Gorge aux Châts - Pokemon 7B+


No comments:

Post a Comment