Thursday, April 19, 2018

April 19, 2018 - Good work!

At 19h15, it was still 26°C when I arrived at Roche aux Sabots after dinner and the place was still quite crowded for an normal Thursday evening.
I guess many people waited for it to cool down a bit because when I left home after work, the car thermometer fluctuated between 29 and 30°C.
Luckily, what I wanted to try, "Beau Travail", was left alone.

For long I had no idea about this problem, until a couple of weeks ago after seeing a video of Jason Kester doing it.
He's very tall though and he could reach the edge of the boulder as good as statically with one move from the starting position.
I clearly lacked the length and had to do three extra moves in between to be able to go dynamically to the edge.

Static start (as in the video) is 7B+ and the dynamic start (jumpstart) 7A+. I kept the latter for my next visit.

Fontainebleau - Roche aux Sabots - Beau Travail 7B+


No comments:

Post a Comment