Monday, April 16, 2018

April 16, 2018 - Bring on the wine.

As my wife and kids are not at home, there was no need for me to drive straight home after work today, so I decided to stop by Rocher de Corne-Biche.
I wanted to check some new problems and try "32 Millièmes", a boulder that I had never seen before, until some new problems were opened on it.
Every time, I seem to forget how long the walk up to there actually is, but it didn't bother me this time.
There was no hurry, the sun was out and it was a beautiful Spring evening.

It was thanks to Jan (de Smit) that I was able to find the boulder so quickly. By coincidence, he had told me about this boulder past Friday.
By the way, my deepest respect and huge congratulations to Jan who managed to climb the 8B+ "Mécanique Élémentaire" on Saturday, after doing the 8A "Magnéton" the day before. Strong!

I had fun in the beautiful 7A "32 Millièmes", which took me only two attempts. Very nice prow!

Fontainebleau - Rocher de Corne-Biche - 32 Millièmes 7A




Now that I was in the area, I thought I'ld try finish my business with the nearby "Le Vin du Dimanche (direct)", even though I don't drink alcohol.
A problem in my style, opened as 7A, and still I hadn't been able to finish it on at least two sessions.
Surprisingly, I managed to stick the dynamic move on my second attempt this time, stayed calm and topped out.
It has been correctly upgraded to 7A+ now. Very nice problem, the best wine I ever had!

Fontainebleau - Rocher de Corne-Biche - Le Vin du Dimanche (direct) 7A+


No comments:

Post a Comment