Tuesday, April 17, 2018

April 17, 2018 - Cross the line.

Last Friday evening, when I met Bram (Honorez), Jan (De Smit) and their respective girlfriends Ruuth and Nataleigh, I joined them to the boulder of "Cross-Fit" in Rocher du Télégraphe.
A boulder with plenty of variations that I had never quite understood what goes where when looking at the maze of lines.
Looking at the picture with all the lines drawn on them, it reminds of this game I liked as a kid, where there's for example a cat that has to find the way to the milk through tangled lines.

All the possible lines (up to now) on the "Cross-Fit" boulder.

Nataleigh wanted to try "Cross-Fit (prolongé)", but the weather then was grey and humid with an occasional shower and the slopers at the end felt humid.
The weather was that bad that I didn't even bother bringing a crashpad, but as I did have a pair of shoes with me, I worked out the first part and was able to do the topout separately.
The conditions were too bad to go for a real attempt, so I decided to come back for it another time.
Nataleigh however, used all the dry time there was up to when the first drops fell while Jan and Bram desperately tried to keep the slopers at the end dry.
She almost made it, but fell at the end.

Nataleigh on her ultimate last attempt, Jan and Bram try to keep it dry.

For the second day in a row, it stayed dry today. The sky was blue and temperature rose up to 24°C.
I couldn't stop thinking about being in the forest so I asked and received approval to pick up some overtime.
It allowed me to leave work two hours earlier, which gave me plenty of time to go and try "Cross-Fit (prolongé)".

I was able to finish it on my second attempt, but I have to admit that I needed a long break to catch my breath in between the two tries.
Maybe I should have started with something easier, but knowing that this would be my 900th video on YouTube, I wanted it to be something special.

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Télégraphe - Cross-Fit (prolongé) 7C




After another long break, I was surprised to stick the first move of "Burpees" on my first attempt, but I kept calm and topped out. The fact that it has the same exit as for "Cross-Fit (prolongé)" definitely helped.

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Télégraphe - Burpees 7A(7A+)




Last, but not least, I ended with "Cross-Fit (direct)".
Too bad for the camera position, but otherwise the sun had started to shine directly into the lens, making it impossible to see.
Anyway, "Cross-Fit (direct)" starts off easy, but the topout is quite much harder than it seems at first!

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Télégraphe - Cross-Fit (direct) 7A+(7B)




There are still a lot of lines left to do on that boulder, so reason enough to back again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment