Sunday, April 15, 2018

April 15, 2018 - Gravitational force.

Yesterday I left home early, drove over 800km to Belgium and back, cleaned the bathroom and mowed the lawn. No wonder I still felt exhausted when I woke up this morning.
The sun was already shining though and knowing that it wouldn't be like this all day, I left immediately after my morning coffee.

The walk to "Cosmos" sector in the back part of Mont Aigu always feels long and boring, but this time I enjoyed it and filled up my lungs with clean oxygen each time I took a breath.
I embraced the moment while it lasted.

To warm up and loosen my body, I made a first stop at the recently opened "Snout".
One mantle and that's it, but it turned out to be not the easiest one.
Perfect lowball boulder to practice your mantle skills on!

Fontainebleau - Mont Aigu - Snout 7A




Immediately after that, I was able to flash "Beau Bi la Pointe" on the boulder at 5m to the left of "Snout".
Opened with an original method of 7A+, but adjusted to 7A+(7A) until the repetitions decide.
To me it felt like 7A at most.

Fontainebleau - Mont Aigu - Beau Bi la Pointe 7A+(7A)




Now that I was warmed up, I was a bit disappointed to discover that "Cosmos" itself was still too wet. At least, so were the starting hold and the topout.
It felt like a pity because it was my main reason to come this sector.

Luckily there's still some more to do, but the only problem that I hadn't done yet and was in climbable condition, was "La Force de la Gravitation".
It needed some cleaning, but I managed to top it out.
Looks like that small pine tree suffered from a severed case of being unable to resist the gravitational force.

Fontainebleau - Mont Aigu - La Force de la Gravitation 7A+




Wandering around a bit more, trying to avoid other people in the main area, I made a quick video repetition of "Tante Pollewop (assis)". Never understood where that name comes from.
If anyone knows, feel free to comment.

Fontainebleau - Mont Aigu - Tante Pollewop (assis) 7A




On my way back to the car, I was thinking about gravitation and how cool it must be to do 4m far dyno's on the moon.
On the other hand if it would all be too easy, it wouldn't be fun anymore after a while.
So I decided that I love gravitation and went to Apremont Bizons to maybe finally try "Dominum".

Previous times I was in Apremont Bizons, "Dominum" had come to my attention, but either the rain prevented me from trying it or too many people were trying "Sarkopabo" right next to it.
Now, finally, neither of both and I could start.
It took me a while before finding a good method, which was still for me at the edge of my morphology.
It might look easy on the video, but in reality it didn't feel that way.
Maybe there was more gravity on that spot.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Bizons - Dominum 7B


No comments:

Post a Comment