Friday, March 17, 2017

March 17, 2017 - Two for the road.

I had to leave to Belgium this afternoon, but before that I took a moment to climb a couple of boulders for the road.

I had been only a few times in Franchard Sablons and even though I had always been attracted by "Brulaap", due to its strange name, but never got to look for it.
After all, it is located in a very small remote sector of the area, and with the high ferns in Summer it's not easy to locate it.
This time I took my chance while the ferns are still dead and walked straight to it.

Only two problems in the seventh grade there, out of which "Brulaap", but I started with the slightly easier "Infinite Down" right across of it.
Some not to too difficult climbing with a very slopey edge on top.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Sablons - Infinite Down 7A




Next up was "Brulaap", which turned out to be smaller than I had imagined.
Also needed only a couple of tries here. Thanks to my big reach, I was able to skip at least one move.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Sablons - Brulaap 7A+


No comments:

Post a Comment