Friday, March 10, 2017

March 10, 2017 - Cocktail anyone ?

Bad weather and work related travel have kept me from climbing the last week, but today, when work was over, there was a small window.
The day started grey, misty and wet, but in the afternoon the sun broke through, cleared the sky made the temperature rise.
It was the kind of weather that would make you want to sit on a beach while drinking a cocktail.
Anyway, that's not really my thing, so I stopped at Cuvier Bellevue to enjoy a quick climb instead.

I wanted to try some moves of "Moby Dick", but it didn't catch enough sun yet for the holds to dry enough. They felt greasy and slippery, making it too difficult to determine if my methods were good or not.

I still had 20 minutes of time left and turned my attention to the nearby "Gin Te Nique", which I did rather quick.
There are a few lines on that boulder and I found it quite difficult to see what was going where and how. Looking at very low number of registered repeats, I'm guessing that I'm not the only one who was confused.
In the end I followed the most logical line that suited the grade the most in my eyes.

I had my cocktail, but in the forest. It was a "Gin Te Nique".

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Bellevue - Gin Te Nique 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment