Saturday, March 25, 2017

March 25, 2017 - It's about time.

Jan (Gorrebeeck) and his wife Gina were here for a BBQ last week and we decided to do some together this weekend.
They are the owners of the well known Belgian bouldering "City Lizard" and took some weeks off from their busy jobs, managing a bouldering hall.
What better place is there to spend those weeks off work in bouldering mecca Fontainebleau!?

After a couple of rainy days during the week, we were treated with beautiful weather so far this weekend.
It felt like Summer.
That reminds me of it, this night we're switching back to Summer time.
From one day to the other we will suddenly be spoiled with an extra hour of daylight in the evening.
It's about time!

Of course, a beautiful Spring weekend means many, many climbers, hikers, bikers, horseback riders, etc ...
It was a good idea from Jan to meet at the parking of Rocher de Milly as there was no one around.
On our way to Rocher de Milly, we stopped at Rocher de Corne-Biche to warm up a bit in the sector with "Éclats".

Jan climbed "Pavlova de Pont Loup" with a totally different method than I used some time ago, but had to admit that it felt hard for 7A and probably was more like 7A+.
I remember that I needed a second session for that boulder back then.
Gina felt ok working in some blue problems while Jan and I checked out "L'Os à Moelle" on the boulder just behind "Éclats".
It looked nice and after cleaning the top from all the needles from the pine trees that had gathered on the boulder, we gave it a go.

There are two possible exits for "L'Os à Moelle".
One on the prow to the right of the tree, which went down on my second attempt.
Jan needed some more tries but after using a different method, also made it to the top.

Fontainebleau - Rocher de Corne-Biche - L'Os à Moelle 7B(7B+)




The other exit of "L'Os à Moelle" is with slopers on the left of the tree and is my eyes a completely different line, apart from the first two moves.
We both did it straight away, but not without a struggle on the sketchy green topout.

Fontainebleau - Rocher de Corne-Biche - L'Os à Moelle (gauche) 7B(7B+)




After Gina finished another scary blue problem, we continued the long walk to Rocher de Milly to try "Le Kraken (droite)".
But first I wanted to warm up my skin again in "Léviathan", a 7A on the left side of the "Kraken" roof.
On my second attempt I was too excited and fell off the last move to match the jug.
The attempt after that, I heard Ivan (Moreels) in my head telling me to keep calm and Jan reminding me of where to put my heel, and topped out.
Very nice problem!

Fontainebleau - Rocher de Milly - Léviathan 7A




We still spent some good efforts and made some nice attempts in "Le Kraken (droite)" but had to let it go for now.
I was out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment