Friday, March 3, 2017

March 03, 2017 - Hit and run.

It was a long time ago since I last climbed in Roche aux Sabots but this evening after work I was drawn to it. In particular by "Sale Gosse", that I hadn't tried for a long time.
Unfortunately a group of American climbers had felt the same and occupied the boulder.
Surprisingly though, the boulder with "Smash" was untaken and I decided to try some jumps in it again.

It must have been at least 100 jumps that I tried in it spread over the last few years, but I never really got my fingers over the edge.
I never made a project out of it, but it was a nice thing to try in between climbs or when out of inspiration now and then. Just like today.

From my first try I felt that my fingertips were over the edge and I knew already at that moment that it probably would be done this time.
Two tries later, half my hand was over the edge and stuck it. It even felt like I could have jumped higher if I wanted to.
Nice to finally tick this classic jump off.

Fontainebleau - Roche aux Sabots - Smash 7B




It was only when I was back home and watched the video, that I realised that my left hand touched the tree.
I remember feeling that my hand scraped the tree but it was a reflex out of fear to hit it.
Anyway, I think I'm experienced enough and honest enough to myself to determine if a dab helped or not.
But that of course is whole discussion on itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment