Friday, October 28, 2016

October 28, 2016 - House on wheels.

We had a lot of rain at the start of the week, and from Wednesday until today, I was traveling for work, so not much climbing.
I did go for a short climb right after I was back home in the late afternoon.
It was a long drive home and I felt tired, so the choice to go to Gorge au Châts seemed obvious. Barely five minutes driving and only a couple of minutes walking.

After finding the slopers of "Neige d'Automne" in very bad conditions (as good as wet), I walked towards the main area up the hill to check out the state of "La Caravane".
On my last couple of visits in the area, I had tried it a few times but was never able to stick the first slopey crimp far right.
The boulder looked moist and the crimp felt slippery, but I still sat down and gave it a few tries.

It all felt possible, but I didn't trust the humid condition of the holds and slopers above.
I was close to giving up, but then Peter (Collins) showed up. It's always nice to see Pete!
When he told me that he did "La Caravane" a couple of hours ago, I felt assured that the holds and slopers will not be in the worst condition.
Pete gave me some beta and a couple of tries later I made it to the top.

It never looked like the most appealing problem to me, but once I climbed it, it did feel totally worth the effort.

Fontainebleau - Gorge aux Châts - La Caravane 7A+


No comments:

Post a Comment