Monday, October 10, 2016

October 10, 2016 - A seven a day keeps the doctor away.

Like many other climbers, I have a scorecard on 8a.nu to keep track of my ascents, and I secretly made it my goal to reach a total of 365 seventh grade ascents over a course of 12 months.
Which would mean that the last 12 months, I averagely climbed one seventh grade problem each day (in a normal year).
I noticed yesterday that I just had reached that goal.

The screen capture below shows my scorecard from yesterday with all my registered ascents over the last 12 months.
I feared longer periods of rain, because with nearly each day not having climbed, the number could (and sometimes was) going down. Especially when exactly a year ago, the conditions were good and I climbed a lot that day.
It was a fun goal to achieve, I'm glad that I made it but also that it's done. No more "pressure" concerning that.
Maybe I will focus on harder problems a bit more now, or go for a total of 1000, or both ... I don't know yet, I'm just going to keep on climbing and see what comes to me.


Today after work, I didn't have that much time, so I stopped at Cuvier and walked straight towards "Carnazina". 
There were a few small groups of climbers around and only climber was trying something on the "Carnage" boulder. He was trying "L'Hélicoptère" to the left of it and he seemed to take a lot of rest in between tries, so I started trying "Carnazina" while he rested.

It took me a couple of tries to stick the first high sloper, the second move is also quite hard and what follows are some really nice moves to the left into the exit of "Le Carnage".
Some people say that it's harder than "Le Carnage", but I didn't have that impression.
The moves are much different, but it didn't feel harder. 

Personally I think that "Carnazina" is a nicer climb than "Le Carnage".

Big UP and congrats by the way to Jan (de Smit) who, with "Apothéose (assis)", has finished the boulder yesterday.
He has now done all problems on all sides of that boulder, and that's a lot of hard stuff!!

Fontainebleau - Cuvier - Carnazina 7B+


No comments:

Post a Comment