Wednesday, October 19, 2016

October 19, 2016 - The plan.

I had the day off, brought my youngest son, Noah, to school on my way to Maunoury.
My oldest son, Anthony, finished school at 12h30 and I had to pick him up to bring him to Belgium for the holiday (that weirdly starts on a Wednesday).
He goes to college in La Chapelle la Reine, so Maunoury is only 10 minutes from there.

As I have only been to Maunoury 2 or 3 times, there's still plenty to do and try.
My time was limited, but I had a plan.
Warm up in "Soupçon", work my way towards "Baloo" and on the way back to car, maybe stop at "Hibernatus" in Dame Jouanne.

Upon my arrival, the boulders still looked humid and were sometimes even still wet after the two days of rain we had.
It was nice weather though and it would dry probably soon, but I was early.
Jean-Hervé (Baudot) once told me that you have to be patient, and that's not my strongest point when it comes to climbing.

The warmup in "Soupçon" was short, because after inspecting the holds, I was able to flash it.
The conditions were better than I had feared.

Fontainebleau - Maunoury - Soupçon 7A




On my way to "Baloo", I went a bit more up the hill to try "Italian Chicka's".
When I was establishing my plan yesterday evening, I watched a video of it, and it I was curious to ry it.

Soft for the grade, I was able to flash this one too.
Due to the rain, I wasn't able to climb for 2 days, so I was in a good shape.

Fontainebleau - Maunoury - Italian Chicka's 7A




Off to try "Baloo" now.
I stood in front of it a couple of years ago, but I didn't bother trying it, thinking it would be too hard anyway.

It turned out to be quite doable even though the conditions on that boulder were much less good as in the other sector.
It was a nice battle.
If the conditions on the boulder would have been better, I probably would have tried "Bagheera" too, but that will be for another time.

Fontainebleau - Maunoury - Baloo 7B




The time passed by quickly, but I still had just enough to make the small detour via "Hibernatus" when going back to the car.
On my previous visit in Dame Jouanne, I had briefly tried it, but I couldn't even get my second foot off the ground without letting go of the small bidoigt for the right hand.

This went down much quicker than I thought.
Sometimes it all just goes as planned.

Fontainebleau - Dame Jouanne - Hibernatus 7B


No comments:

Post a Comment