Thursday, June 30, 2016

June 30, 2016 - To sit or not to sit.

They predicted rain for today but it stayed dry all day long of course until I drove home from work.
It didn't rain but it was more like a sudden 15 minute monsoon, making the everything soaking wet.
Just before diner there was another monsoon, but shorter this time and while eating it started to clear up a bit.
The advantage with such short heavy rains, as opposed to long drizzle, is that the rain doesn't get the chance to be sucked into the rock but being washed off right away. Thus drying very quickly with the slightest amount of sun and wind on it.

I decided to go on higher grounds and went to 95.2 to try "Tentation (assis)" all the way up on the hill and out in the open, exposed to the sun and wind.
It was a good choice because the boulder was dry.
I did "Tentation" (the standstart) long ago in September 2010 and I remembered that it didn't give me too much trouble back then.
So, before trying the sitstart, I wanted to warm up and quickly repeat the standstart for the video and to recall how it went.
I wasn't humble and overestimated the ""quickly", because it turned out to be a 28 minutes long struggle before it was done.
I had no choice to admit that I, and my body, must be tired, so I packed and went home without even trying the sitstart.
Some other time ...

Fontainebleau - 95.2 - Tentation 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment