Thursday, June 23, 2016

June 23, 2016 - Woosh!

I was gone for work since yesterday, I had to be in Oyonnax, about 440 km more South from here. A 4 hour drive.
I don't like air-conditioning in the car, not even in this extreme heat.
When I got into the car, the thermometer displayed 42°C, but I was standing in the sun. Nevertheless, it was hot as hell, so I immediately opened the driver's window and the window at passenger's side. Letting the breeze from driving cool the inside of the car down as best as it could.
As soon as I got onto the highway however, the breeze turned into a constant "woosh". A noise that can get annoying after a while, but it was so hot that the windows stayed down until I was home 4 hours later.
It took some time before that woosh got out of my head, but at diner it was as good as gone.
After diner I left for a short climbing session in the heat and I drove and wooshed with open windows to the parking of Isatis.
I thought that trying a version of "Le Surplomb de la Coquille" would be a good idea as I knew it starts in a kind of a pit and that maybe it would be a bit cooler there.
It seemed not to have been the greatest idea, because closed in between boulders, there was not the slightest breeze of wind, and the mosquitos like that too.
I didn't let that get the best out of me and started giving the standstart direct version some tries.

It took me about 20 minutes to complete, but I had to take longer than usual breaks in between to dry myself off. I was sweating like a horse, and being stained by mosquitos like a horse too.
With each jump I got closer to the edge and every time I could hear a woosh while flying upward.

For me this is one of the nicer dynos in the forest. It's a dyno that goes in a flow, using the swing of the right arm to add jumping strength. Beautiful move!

When done, I drove home again, sweating like crazy. All windows of the car were open. Woosh!

Fontainebleau - Franchard Hautes Plaines - Le Surplomb de la Coquille (direct) 7A(7A+)


No comments:

Post a Comment