Saturday, June 11, 2016

June 11, 2016 - Minding my own business.

When I went to sleep yesterday evening I could hear the rain. It was predicted so I didn't give it much frustration.
When I woke up, it was still grey and wet but the rain had stopped, during breakfast there even was another shower.
After that shower, I decided to have a look at the small roof of "Coup de Force" at Rocher Guichot, hoping that it would be dry under it.

When I arrived at the roof, my pants were wet because of walking through the wet vegetation, but to my pleasant surprise, the roof and most of the boulder were dry.
There were some wet spots but they were not in the line of "Guichot Business".

I had tried "Guichot Business" a couple of years ago, but I hadn't finished it.
I remember that there were quite some people around the isolated boulder, so maybe that's a reason why I didn't completely go for it. Anyway, climbers' excuses ...

I brushed the holds and a couple of tries later, I found myself on top of the boulder.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Guichot - Guichot Business 7A(6C+)




One day someone asked me if I ever get reactions for making all these videos, and I replied that if and when I get reactions, it's mostly to complain about having done something wrong, or not entirely correct.
I'm aware that some people will probably say that I did "Conduite Forcée" there, and that's why immediately after "Guichot Business" I did "Conduite Forcée" which finishes more to the right and is indeed slightly easier.
Notice the significant difference ...

Fontainebleau - Rocher Guichot - Conduite Forcée 6C+




I had to quickly pack up and leave, because it had started raining again in the meantime ...

No comments:

Post a Comment