Tuesday, June 14, 2016

June 14, 2016 - A new Cold War.

At work I'm involved in a kind of Cold War with an indirect colleague.
It's been going on for a while now and I'm not the only one who has trouble with him. He's getting on my and most of my direct colleagues' nerves. Quite an achievement considering there is at least a 1000 miles between us.
It's amazing how one person can ruin your day, especially at the end of the day when you find yourself with even more work than you started with in the morning.
It's difficult for me to let go then at that moment and keeping a good work-life balance is not an easy task in such a mood.
I really needed to climb this day off of me and after diner I went straight for "Achoppement Libre" in Rocher Guichot.

Last time I was there for "Guichot Business" and had a quick look at "Achoppement Libre".
I had checked out the line but didn't try it because the holds and mainly the slopers were too humid. It was in no condition to be tried.
This evening however, it was dry and I took my time to work out the moves, hurting my back on a small boulder when falling on it.

About twenty minutes later I had found the complete sequence, and cruised in a steady flow through the problem, but still fell off the last move.
I had worked out all the moves up to a jug near the top, thinking that it would have been over there.
I was wrong though and found myself in a situation where I didn't have a clue anymore what to do next, losing all the power that remained while desperately looking for the next reachable hold.
There was a small boulder right below me and I didn't want to fall on it in an uncontrolled fashion.
When I let go at that last move, I cursed because I had lost so much power that I thought my tries were over.
In a stubborn mood I did give it another go but to no avail.

It was hard to admit, but I had to let this one go, the energy was gone after all those tries, one after the other.
I turned off the camera, packed my stuff and just as I wanted to take the camera away, I had to think of "Pispot". The nickname I had given my indirect colleague with whom I'm in a new Cold War.
I could feel the anger again, which gave me the required power and energy back.
I unpacked again, determined to face my frustration and deal with it, finish it off! I needed this!!

Two tries later, I had the jug again and gave all I had left to do the last move. I nearly fell off again, but the "Pispot" thought helped me up.
I did it!!

I went home feeling like a winner, calm and relieved, thought of "Pispot" and told to him in my mind: "PONG !!".

Fontainebleau - Rocher Guichot - Achoppement Libre 7B


No comments:

Post a Comment