Saturday, July 9, 2022

July 09, 2022 - Ola-laa.

For a long time already, I wanted to try "La Ola" in Franchard Hauts Sablons, but somehow, it always scared me. The whole week though, I had set my mind on carrying two crashpads to "La Ola" and finally try it. I had set my alarm clock for this morning so I could be there before it became too hot. When I arrived at the boulder around 9h30, it was already very warm, but the air humidity was very low and the despite the rising heat, the conditions were surprisingly good.
One crashpad would probably have been enough, but having both below me made me climb in relaxed manner and I was able to finish "La Ola" on my second attempt.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Hauts Sablons - La Ola 7B+



Immediately after, I also managed to do the sitstart on my first attempt.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Hauts Sablons - La Ola (assis) 7C(7C+)



As the first part of the problem went so good, I took a five minute break before trying "El Pato", which finishes all the way on the right of the boulder. This one too went down on my first attempt.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Hauts Sablons - El Pato 7B+



With a boost of motivation, I went for the sitstart as well and also made it on my first attempt, albeit with slightly pumped arms and I had to push on a bit harder than before for the last part.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Hauts Sablons - El Pato (assis) 7C



After another short break, I figured that using the start, it would be quite logic to do the same line, but finish with a mantle in between the topouts of "La Ola" and "El Pato", in the exit of "Tape Cul".
I practiced the mantle one time and did the standing start of "La Ola" to finish in "Tape Cul" on my first attempt. I gave it the obvious name of "Ola Mon Cul".

Fontainebleau - Franchard Hauts Sablons - Ola Mon Cul 7B(7B+)



The next logical step, was obviously doing the sitstart of "Ola Mon Cul", which also went down on my first attempt.
I really had a lot of fun on that beautiful boulder, and was wondering why I had waited so long to finally come and do this.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Hauts Sablons - Ola Mon Cul (assis) 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment