Thursday, July 14, 2022

July 14, 2022 - No swimming, or yes ?

It's Bastille Day, the French National Day, also known as 'Le 14 Juillet', 'The 14th of July'. It was the day that the Bastille was stormed in 1789, an important major event during the French Revolution. It's also the day that celebrates the unity of the French people. Today, it's especially known as a mere public holiday, of which many don't know the reason.
Being a very hot public holiday, the open air swimming pool in Buthiers was already crowded at 10h30 this morning, but I wasn't there for swimming, I was there to climb for as long as I could cope with the heat. "Bernardo", at about 50m from the swimming pool, was the main reason why I had come to the Buthiers Piscine area. The boulder being quite high and with a sketchy landing, it was no unnecessary luxury to bring two crashpads.
"Bernardo" is a high pillar that climbs on compression and seemed to fit my style. Due to its height and scary landing, it was not without a shout of relief that I pulled myself on the boulder after about half an hour of trying, each time from the ground up. Standing on top of the boulder, I could see the swimming pool, which tempted for only a second, seeing the crowd packed together was an almost immediate tearing down of the temptation.

Fontainebleau - Buthiers Piscine - Bernardo 7C



"MacGuffin" was next on my list and was a nice bonus for the session. A not so easy start followed by a hard move to a very bad sloper, but all in all not too hard when it finally sticks. It was hard enough to make me sweat like crazy, so I went home afterwards and dived into the swimming pool in the garden. It's a self supporting one, but big enough to do a couple of strokes and have fun, all without any crowds in sight.

Fontainebleau - Buthiers Piscine - MacGuffin 7A+

No comments:

Post a Comment