Sunday, July 3, 2022

July 03, 2022 - Not going to the moon.

After more than an hour of trying to jump "Phobos Moon" in Coquibus Longs Vaux, and realizing that I came closer a few years ago, I concluded that big dyno's don't seem to be my thing anymore. I wisely decided to leave it and move to the well isolated and shady boulder of "Compression". I had done this beautiful overhang almost exactly five years ago, but still had to do the slightly easier left version.
"Compression (gauche)" is supposedly a full grade less hard than the original, but there's a reason why I didn't do it five years ago as well. Starting point and topout are the same, but the left version is with the arete, a very slopey arete! 
It took some time before I was able to figure out how to get to the arete and hold on to it, and even when I finished it, I felt that I had to go deep. In my humble opinion, this is only very slightly less hard and might as well be a good 7B. Well worth the effort though.

Fontainebleau - Coquibus Longs Vaux - Compression (gauche) 7A+

No comments:

Post a Comment