Tuesday, July 20, 2021

July 20, 2021 - Paddo Jump.

With the heat of the last days, it seemed like a good idea to back to Mont Simonet with the hope that the starting holds of "La Tortue Lutte (assis)" would finally be dry. Facing North, they have been wet every time that I was there, so was never able to give it a go.
At 10h30 this morning, it was already getting very warm again when I parked at Mont Simonet. I didn't pay much attention to the car that parked right next to me, but looked up when I heard my name. It was a pleasant surprise and a big coincidence to see that it was Jerome Collet. He wanted to try some boulders in Mont Simonet Ouest, so we walked together for the most part until we had to go our own way.
The big left starting hold of "La Tortue Lutte (assis)" was almost dry, but unfortunately still too humid, especially for the holds the holds and slopers that would follow after the start. Nevertheless, I was able to get a feel of the first move, which apparently is way too big for me to be able to reach the closest possible hold, which is a slopey crimp. No way that I would ever get that far.
Luckily, for once, the starting holds of "Paddo Jump" were dry. Having been unable to give it some real attempts in the past due to them being not dry enough, today, I was finally able to give it some real attempts. I only needed two to make it to the top.

Fontainebleau - Mont Simonet - Paddo Jump 7A+



I then walked over to Mont Simonet Ouest to join Jerome with what he was about to try. I was able to do "Régime Sec" on my second attempt. It felt soft for the proposed 7A as I didn't even bother to take out the camera. Jerome finished it right after I did.
The remainder of the climbing session, we spent on trying "A Cant'a Me", a hard 7B opened by the huge Fred. For our height, it definitely feels a bit harder. We will both have to come back for it, despite having done some really good attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment