Sunday, July 11, 2021

July 11, 2021 - I dunno.

When I tried "L'Arête Scherrer" in Restant du Long Rocher Ouest a couple of years ago, it felt very possible, but conditions were not in favor, so it would have to be for another time. That was already a few years ago, and this morning, when I started trying, I wondered what I was thinking back then. My attempts were terrible and it seemed like I couldn't find a good method and the boulder felt damp from a light drizzle that passed by only moments before I arrived.
The sun came out though and the friction started to feel better with every attempt until I felt ready to setup the camera and start filming. The ascent followed soon after.
Very nice problem!

Fontainebleau - Restant du Long Rocher Ouest - L'Arête Scherrer 7B



Not far from there, I flashed "Rincewind" with much ease. This didn't feel like 7A+ at all, but rather 6C+, maybe a soft 7A at most.
Not very nice neither, but okay, one more boulder ticked.

Fontainebleau - Restant du Long Rocher Ouest - Rincewind 7A+

No comments:

Post a Comment