Wednesday, July 21, 2021

July 21, 2021 - Liberté ? Égalité ? Fraternité ?

A lot of question marks next to France's national motto.
As most will probably know by now, starting today, we need the so called 'Passe Sanitaire' to be able to go to the restaurants, movies, museums, bars, events where more than 50 people are gathered, take a long distance train and even for having a drink outside on a terrace of a tavern or bar. The pass contains a QR code that will state that the owner of it has either received two Covid vaccinations, has natural temporary immunity due to previous Covid contamination no longer than six months ago, or has a negative PCR test of maximum 48 hours ago.

Liberté, freedom.
Anyone who needs a pass to be able to enjoy aforementioned freedoms, is in my opinion not free at all.

Égalité, equality.
In my humble opinion, this pass no longer treats people as equal individual, but makes a clear distinction between those who have made medical choice, which ever choice that may be. Vaccinated people receive a different regime than the non-vaccinated. This comes extremely close to Apartheid.

Fraternité, fraternity.
President Macron's latest speech of about a week ago and the mainstream media clearly try to create two groups of people and attempts to set vaccinated people up against the non-vaccinated people. This was proven once again today when I was listening to a so called debate on the national radio RTL where listeners were allowed to dial in and express their opinion about the new measure or restriction. I was disgusted about how the so called moderators of the radio were steering the debate, and how they didn't even try to hide that they had clearly picked the side of those who were in favor of the pass.

To be clear, I am not against vaccines and would call myself even pro vaccines when they have proven their efficacy, but I strongly believe that every individual should have the freedom and the God given right to decide for themselves what they inject themselves with.
The Covid vaccines have become mandatory for health care workers who have time until the 15th of September to take the injections. If they don't do it, they will lose their job. The injections are not mandatory for others yet, but the pass adds so much social pressure that many have chosen to take them. Most not for their or others health, but solely to be able to enjoy the freedom that they otherwise will lose.

The French government has wiped their dirty feet on the national motto by voting in favor of this pass. What's next ?

Luckily, we don't need a pass (yet) to go to the forest, so that's of course what I did and went to Rocher Saint-Germain after dropping off my oldest son in Fontainebleau.
With "Pointe à Pitre" high on my list, I walked straight to that floating boulder.
I have been trying it on and off for several years, but it was only today that I finally made my way up, despite the heat and very bad slopers. Lost a lot of skin off my fingertips, but it was all worth it.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Saint-Germain - Pointe à Pitre 7B+



On the way back, I stopped at "L'Arête des Comiques", an overhanging slopey arete that I had tried once a few years ago, but as it didn't fit my style back then, I didn't spend a lot of time on it and gave up pretty fast. Today, even though not without a small fight, I did manage to finish it.

Fontainebleau - Rocher Saint-Germain Est - L'Arête des Comiques 7A+(7A)

No comments:

Post a Comment