Friday, July 16, 2021

July 16, 2021 - Olloquie... what ?

It's chocking to see the images and video footage of the floods in Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany. Thousands of people are homeless and over a hundred have died or are missing. Big up to all those who are out there doing all that they can to save who can still be saved.
Meanwhile, the rain stopped here and despite mild conditions, I drove to Mont Simonet this morning. I had several problems that I wanted to try, but only got away with two, one the same boulder. The others that I had in mind needed better conditions.
In the end, I couldn't care less, as there are much worse things than not being able to climb a boulder.

I warmed up with "Olloquiegui (droite)", and managed to finish it on my second attempt. As I didn't check the topout, I didn't know what to expect and finished it without aesthetics.

Fontainebleau - Mont Simonet - Olloquiegui (droite) 7A



The more direct original version, "Olloquiegui", I had already tried a few times before, but never got close. Today though, I found a method and finished it, albeit not without a struggle and some swearing.

Fontainebleau - Mont Simonet - Olloquiegui 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment