Saturday, July 10, 2021

July 10, 2021 - Beating Covid.

There wasn't much time before the rain would start, so it was a good decision this morning to go somewhere not too far from the car. The couple of new boulders opened by Tony (Fouchereau) in Apremont Butte aux Dames seemed like a good idea.
I was able to climb "Covid-19" on my second attempt, a very nice line that deserves to be 7A in my opinion.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Butte aux Dames - Covid-19 6C+(7A)



"Yellowstone", just behind the previous, has only hard move though, and felt rather like a soft 7B+ at most. This one also went down on my second attempt, but I must add that it does quite fit my style.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Butte aux Dames - Yellowstone 7C+(7C)



I finished "Yellowstone" just in time, because on my way back to the car, it had started raining. Nevertheless, I still felt like climbing and decided to drive to Bois du Rocher. It is after all more or less on the way home and the rain hadn't started there yet.
To stick with the subject, I tried and did "Covid Monster 19".

Fontainebleau - Bois du Rocher - Covid Monster 19 7A



The sitstart of "Covid Monster 19" will have to be for another time. It's not hard to get from the sit into the stand, but the skin on my fingertips was already far gone. As they announce better weather for tomorrow, I didn't want to ruin my skin too much yet, so decided to clean a boulder at about 30m to the right of "Covid Monster 19".
I did the line that I had in mind on my first attempt and named it "Monster Grippe". The grade might be 6C-ish, even though I had hoped it would have been harder.

Fontainebleau - Bois du Rocher - Monster Grippe 6C

No comments:

Post a Comment