Tuesday, December 31, 2019

December 31, 2019 - Rituel.

The reason why I chose to go to Maunoury today, was to increase my chances for dry boulders in good conditions.
Just like the days before, the weather was beautiful, but there always remained a light low fog that kept everything humid again, which unfortunately also turned out to be the case in Maunoury.
I decided to simply follow the blue towards the top of the hill and come back the other way, hoping to find some climbable boulders of  interest on my way. Looking down from the viewpoint on top of the hill wasn't promising. The light low fog was clearly visible from above.

The low, light fog seen from the top of Maunoury.

Strangely enough, "Rituel", a boulder that is mostly humid and in bad conditions looked quite okay and for the lack of something better, I went for it and sent it on my first attempt.

Fontainebleau - Maunoury - Rituel 7A+




I tried some more harder problems here and there, but the humidity was ever present and made the holds slippery after only one attempt or two.

If 2019 was a splendid year, then keep it going in 2020; if not, than hopefully it will be better from tomorrow on.
To all those who care, happy new year tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment