Saturday, December 14, 2019

December 14, 2019 - Quite some work.

It had rained hard until deep in the night, but there was also a lot of wind and the conditions didn't look impossible this morning.
To reduce the risk for disappointment, I was patient and did some other things before finally leaving for J.A. Martin again.
It was already almost 11h, I think, when I arrived at the "Travaux Forcés" boulder near the top of the hill and informed Jean-Pierre (Roudneff) about the conditions being not too bad.
There were still a few lines that I wanted to try on this boulder and I ended up doing all of them. In a way, they all felt like just below the proposed relative grades, but I know that I always feel stronger and much more motivated after a week without real climbing, so difficult to judge.
Nevertheless, I had fun with every one of them and must admit that I can feel it now. It was quite some work after all.

I started with "Le Bouclier (assis)".

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Le Bouclier (assis) 7B(7A+)




I needed some more time for "Travaux Forcés (droite assis)", but all in all it was quite quick.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Travaux Forcés (droite assis) 7C




Followed by "Travaux Forcés (assis)" after a short break.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Travaux Forcés (assis) 7B+(7B)




My fingers really needed a rest after that, so I joined Jean-Pierre, who was inventorying some new still unpublished boulders a bit lower downhill.
Unfortunately, we had a couple of short light rain showers in between but still ended up both doing a sitstart of 21 red, which I believe is a different method for "Plat et Replat (assis)" and would fit with the grade.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Plat et Replat (assis) 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment