Saturday, January 11, 2020

January 11, 2020 - What's in a name?

Recently, a new boulder named "Bleautiful" in Cuvier Merveille had been published on bleau.info, and the name alone already spoke to my imagination.
Finally, after being patient for weeks, the conditions were in favor and I left to Cuvier Merveille, leaving several options open.
I couldn't immediately find the boulder, which looks to be quite hidden according to the picture on bleau.info, so I went to the beautiful and classical "Bleau's Art" boulder first. I wanted to finish its right variation, "Tina , Hier Kommt die Sahne"; which basically is German for "Tina, here comes the cream". A ridiculous name that was probably more funny when you were there when it was chosen, but it's such a beautiful line!

I kept on sliding off the slopers, but with each attempt, I got closer, so I gave it some time and sent it on a rather unexpected moment.
Great boulder, great line!

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Merveille - Tina, Hier Kommt die Sahne 7B+




After a short break, I looked for "Bleautiful" again and found it well hidden in a stunningly beautiful small chaos of green mossy boulders.

Bleau is beautiful!!

Despite having been published only a few days ago, the boulder must have been opened quite a bit before. The slopey topout was covered with needles and there I wiped them, it left a big wet spot.
Patience helped and I managed to top this beauty on my third attempt. The much harder sitstart had become mossy again though. After all, it does start in quite a humid pit.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Merveille - Bleautiful 7A




I decided to walk back using the blue path that crosses Cuvier Rempart and made a first stop at "Vu".
Tried this one a few times already, but only needed two attempt to tick it off this time. Albeit not very elegantly.

Fontainebleau - Cuvier Rempart - Vu 7B




Still had a few good attempts in "Manolo" to end with, but will need to come back for it. Some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment