Sunday, December 29, 2019

December 29, 2019 - Samarkand.

The weather forecast looked promising for good conditions, but the air humidity was still too high all day for it to be true.
Despite the visibly humid conditions, I was packed with two crashpads when I was walking towards Rocher du Potala. I was hoping to try the beautiful, but exposed "Pierre Ponce".
The slopers on the left side hadn't gotten any sun, but were dry and good enough to do some tries and get a feel of the moves. After a few tries though, the slopers were becoming darker with humidity and I had to let them dry out from time to time to keep some friction at least.
Almost two hours later, I had to let go of it, but at least had worked the sequence and kind of determined that I would prefer to have a spot for the dynamic move to the right arete.

I moved over to the nearby boulder of "Samarkand", where I took a longer break and worked out "Samarkand (rallongé)", which I topped at the end, with the tips of my fingers until the end.

Fontainebleau - Rocher du Potala - Samarkand (rallongé) 7B+


No comments:

Post a Comment