Sunday, December 1, 2019

December 01, 2019 - Still climbing after all.

Everything was soaking wet when I looked out of my bedroom window this morning. The rain last night was predicted, but I had hoped that the wind that I felt yesterday evening was going to last until today and blow everything dry again. However, there was hardly any wind anymore and the light drizzle that wet my face when I went for a quick shopping, took away nearly all the last bits of hope there was still left.
Nevertheless, I still met up with Pieter just before noon at J.A. Martin and we left for a walk around, leaving all our climbing stuff in the car. The drizzle had stopped in the meantime, but had made everything even more soaking wet.
I showed Pieter some of the recent boulders in the East part of the area, where we couldn't ignore the fact that some Southern orientated boulders were not as wet as the boulders we saw near the bottom of the hill. Pieter found it a little too incredible to believe when I mentioned that there could be slight chance to find some dry boulders in the "L'Étrave" sector, but we still headed almost immediately in that direction, where we ended up finding enough dry boulders to go back to our cars and come back with our crashpads and climbing shoes.

Most of the interesting boulders there were dry and actually in very good conditions thanks to an icy cold breeze.
Despite all the wetness, it ended up being a very successful afternoon with mainly repetitions for me, such as the ultra classic and beautiful "L'Étrave" (7B+), "Le Ninja Blanc Bec" (6C+), "Le Toit du Ninja Blanc" (7A) and we finished with a likely first ascent of "Yoshi & Yuki (direct debout)", giving it about 7A.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Yoshi & Yuki (direct debout) 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment