Thursday, December 5, 2019

December 05, 2019 - Found some.

The conditions yesterday and the day before were perfect, but it was only today and tomorrow that I could take some days off work. I didn't mind it that much because all week, my weather app predicted light clouds, some sun and temperatures just above freezing. Ideal conditions.
This morning though, there was a thick fog, but according to my weather app, the fog would make place for sun around 11am, and even earlier around Fontainebleau. I waited it out for a while and left at 10h30 towards Rocher Saint-Germain, just outside the city of Fontainebleau.
The fog was still dense, but I kept a positive mind as the boulders that I could see looked dry and the friction on them was even pretty good when I briefly put my hand on them. The air was still so humid though, that the surface soon turned dark when warmed up by my hands.
I saw nearly every boulder in the long Saint-Germain area and even tried some here and there, but the air humidity was way too high for the problems that I wanted to try.
All in all, a couple of hours later, I decided to drive to the Apremont areas, hoping to find some better conditions there. Even though the fog was a bit less dense here and there, not being able to see any boulder of the Cuvier Rempart area when driving towards Barbizon, worried me. Especially that it was already near 2pm.

The situation in Apremont Est was not much better, but I found good conditions on the boulder of "La Conque". Being higher up the hill and in the open, it was struck by a very light cold breeze which made the friction near perfect.
The friction was so good that I sent it on my second attempt.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Est - La Conque 7A



The sitstart followed immediately after.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Est - La Conque (assis) 7A+




I doubted for a while, but against better knowing, I decided to have a look at "Parenthèse" in the nearby area of Apremont Vallon de Sully. I had some good attempts in it a few weeks ago, even falling off the last move a couple of times, but couldn't finish it then.
Knowing that the boulder is not quite in the open and with the ever present thick fog, didn't give me good chances, but the desire and hope had taken over.
As I had feared, the boulder was in worse conditions than last time, but still doable, so put on my shoes again and gave it some tries.
I still had the moves in me, but after every attempt, the chalk on my fingertips was completely gone. Somehow though, when I was going for my last attempt of the day, I managed my work my way up and top the beautiful "Parenthèse". Some very delicate climbing at the end.
Really glad to have done this one!

Fontainebleau - Apremont Vallon de Sully - Parenthèse 7B


No comments:

Post a Comment