Wednesday, December 25, 2019

December 25, 2019 - Stay in Contact.

Last Sunday afternoon I had spent quite a good time in J.A. Martin again, trying a lot but not topping out. I didn't bother much, as it I had been bouldering after all that day, but still, I was eager to back today.
The sky was clear, but there wasn't that much wind, so it took a while before the morning humidity dried more or less out. I was patient and arrived at J.A. Martin around noon.

I finished my climbing session Sunday trying "PlanetSolar", giving it a lot, but I couldn't find enough force left in me to finish that mantle at the end. On the other hand, I had worked out the sequence of the first part and I still remembered it well.
I was pleased to top it out on my second attempt already this time. An easy looking small boulder, but don't be fooled.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - PlanetSolar 7A+(7B)




The conditions on the nearby boulder of "Contact" were surprisingly good and as "L'Arête au Contact" was one of the other problems that I couldn't finish on Sunday, I went back to the car to get a second crashpad to boost up my confidence on this exposed problem.
Opened originally as a sitstart which isn't hard at all to get into the stand, I decided to go for a standing start first to be able to more easily work out the sequence of the second, hard, part.
I was so filled with joy when topping out the standing start, that I decided to keep the video as it deserves to be a variation on its own, according to me.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - L'Arête au Contact (debout) 7B+




Now that I had worked out my working sequence, the sitstart followed immediately after.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - L'Arête au Contact 7B+(7C)


No comments:

Post a Comment