Sunday, May 26, 2019

May 26, 2019 - Before & after.

This morning I spent some time trying "Saigon" in Apremont Fond des Gorges, and I'm quite sure that if I would have had a spotter and a second crashpad, I might have made it. Anyway, I can come up with any excuse I want, it will be for a next time.

In the afternoon, I finally cleaned the small boulder to the left of "Laimia-San" in La Ségognole.

Before.

After.

A good two finger pocket for the right hand to start with and a very low sidepull for the left. Reach for the left arete and mantle up directly on slopers.
Not sure about the grade, but at that moment it felt like it could be worth a soft 7A.

Fontainebleau - La Ségognole - Le Plat de Noah 7A




The exit more right at the highest point of the boulder felt substantially harder and definitely deserves a separate notion.
Again, I could be very wrong about the grades, but that's what it felt like at that moment. Let's see what the potential repeaters will say.

Fontainebleau - La Ségognole - Le Plat de Noah (droite) 7A+(7B)




I let my youngest son Noah come up with some names, but even though some were funny, they were too ridiculous, so I had to steer the final decision a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment