Thursday, May 2, 2019

May 02, 2019 - Change of schedule.

I'm in holiday until next Thursday, but as it was forecasted to rain from the early morning on until the afternoon today, I had scheduled my day accordingly.
Even though the sky was grey and doubtful, it still wasn't raining by 10h30, so I changed my schedule and headed to the nearby area of J.A. Martin. The clouds looked threatening as if it could start raining any moment, so I didn't want to loose time going anywhere further.

Wanting to try "Déformation Professionnelle", one of the recent openings from Tony (Fouchereau), I walked all the way up the hill to start.
I flashed a left exit to warmup, thinking it was "Déformation Professionnelle", but it as I wasn't sure about it, I immediately did another exit more to the right, which felt more like its grade. Not much, but just enough.

The left exit.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Déformation Professionnelle (gauche) 6C+(7A)




And the right exit, the one that turned out to be the correct one for the originally opened version after reading the more detailed French description at home.
Also did it on my first attempt.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Déformation Professionnelle 7A




Back down the hill, I hoped to still have enough time for "Coupe sur Coupe" before it would start raining.
Luckily I only needed about fifteen minutes, because I could feel the first drops when I was standing on top of the boulder. By the time I arrived at the car, the street was soaked.

"Coupe sur Coupe" is a very nice line, and harder than it looks.

Fontainebleau - J.A. Martin - Coupe sur Coupe 7A


No comments:

Post a Comment