Thursday, May 23, 2019

May 23, 2019 - No Carlton.

I like to have my peace and quiet when I go climbing, so the area of 95.2 is definitely one to avoid during weekends and holidays this time of the year, but in the evening on a normal weekday, you can still find yourself all alone and it can be very enjoyable. Just like this evening was.

With only 32 known repetitions, mine included now, "La Ritz" doesn't seem to be very popular for the much frequented 95.2 area, especially knowing that most people who visit the area walk right next to it when entering the area.
I had already tried briefly a few times, but I believe it were the humid conditions on the slopey left arete that prevented me from coming even close to a send.
Apparently there is also a dynamic method without the left arete possible, and this evening after dinner, I went over to that method.
After a few times trying the dynamic move, I tried the method with the arete again, and to my surprise, this time it felt like it was possible and switched to that one again, which worked out in the end.

Truly a beautiful, seemingly underestimated problem that definitely deserves more attention. Didn't see any Carlton though.

Fontainebleau - 95.2 - La Ritz 7A+(7B)


No comments:

Post a Comment