Friday, May 3, 2019

May 03, 2019 - To Mont Blanc and back.

No, not the Mont Blanc in the Alps, but the nice, small and quiet area of Mont Blanc, just behind Éléphant.
It was especially quiet this morning, because having to drive to Belgium later today, I was there already early and the forest was still waking up.
I feared at first that I might have been there too early, because the soil was wet and the from a distance, the boulders looked still humid from the morning dawn.
I walked straight to "Mastodon", a line that was recently opened on the huge boulder in the Northern part of the area.
Even though I dared starting in it, I didn't dare to do the crux move without spotter. Something to back for with Pieter.

I did have some other problems in mind and the sun that broke through the clouds from time to time had dried out the humid, which turned the boulders in remarkably good conditions.
For "La Gogotte" for example, I only needed one attempt this time.

Fontainebleau - Mont Blanc - La Gogotte 7B




Also "Cépanou (assis)" was in exceptionally good conditions and even though not without a fight, it went down relatively quickly.
Doing that mantle on only half a metre of rock surface before the sand on the top, was quite challenging and came as an unexpected surprise.

Fontainebleau - Mont Blanc - Cépanou (assis) 7B(7B+)


1 comment:

  1. congrats! it sounds like a really good "one of these" days :) cheers, Markus

    ReplyDelete