Saturday, May 25, 2019

May 25, 2019 - Le Glouton.

It had rained during the night, and this morning it didn't look like there would be any climbing possible soon.
I needed to get to out into the forest though, so decided to have a look at the small area of Rocher des Ventes Héron. A small area near Restant du Long Rocher, where all of 17 problems are opened by Manuel Marquès. I had never been there before, and despite looking nice on the available pictures, the boulders were less interesting than I had hoped.
They were dry, but I didn't even want to bother going back to the car to get the crashpad.

Instead, as I wasn't far from Fontainebleau, I drove to Rocher Saint-Germain Est to try the recently published "Le Glouton", opened by Theo Konstantakopoulos.
Along the blue path, between the children's circuit and "L'Arête des Comiques", there is indeed this small, but very nice steep overhanging prow, hidden in plain sight. With toehooks and compression moves, it completely fits my style and it didn't take long before I had figured out how to work through the crux. I then finished it on my first attempt for the video, which basically is mostly my first real attempt.
Very fun problem this!

Fontainebleau - Rocher Saint-Germain Est - Le Glouton 7B+


No comments:

Post a Comment