Sunday, May 12, 2019

May 12, 2019 - Sunshine after rain.

Yesterday it rained nearly all day, but I went out to explore the area of Rocher de Milly Est. I especially wanted to see if the long walk when coming from the other side at the Route Ronde, would be shorter. At the same time, I wanted to locate some of the spread out boulders of the area.
The first thing I noticed when I started walking, was that the path was going more through the forest, which would offer some shade when it's hot in the sun. However, with today's rain it was of less importance even though the trees do provide some shelter against some of the rain.
I was surprised with how soon I already arrived at the Route de Louveteau, which more or less marks the end of the area of Rocher de Milly Est when coming from the other side. This was at least ten minutes less walking.
Rocher de Milly Est is a very stretched out area and I walked around for at least another hour, trying to locate most of the boulders, until it started raining too hard to stay any longer.
I decided to walk back using the crest and the plateau on top of the hill, where many small ponds had started to form in the meantime, sometimes creating idyllic sceneries to which any picture trying to capture it, always does injustice.
I was completely soaked when I arrived my back at the car, but decided to come back soon when it's dry.

One of the many little ponds on the plateau of Rocher de Milly.

After rain comes sunshine, and this morning started with a blue sky with some small clouds passing by from time to time. It was forecasted to be sunny the next few days, so I headed back to Rocher de Milly Est, using the same approach and walked straight to "Robocop". It was still early though and the sun didn't have enough time yet to dry the morning humidity off the boulder.
I could have waited it out, but out of the blue, decided to walk on for another 500m to "Le Dolmen du Divin" in the classical sector of Rocher de Milly. I had tried this beautiful problem only once a few years ago, but to no avail. For some reason, I hadn't gone back to it, but now it seemed like a good occasion.

I stood in awe when I saw a picture and video of "Le Dolmen du Divin" for the first time, and even more when I stood in front of it. This stunning boulder is just magnificent.
After working out the moves, taking couple of hard falls, falling off the mantle and spending a lot of energy, everything suddenly came together and I was able to work my way through to the end.
It felt great to top this beauty!

Fontainebleau - Rocher de Milly - Le Dolmen du Divin 7C




I still tried "Robocop" on the way back, but will need to come back, I know a shorter way now.

No comments:

Post a Comment