Sunday, May 19, 2019

May 19, 2019 - Border of rain.

Again there was rain announced for today, but around, after having done some household tasks, it was still dry and I took the risk to head to Apremont Marie-Thérèse to try the newly published "Pachamama (assis)", again, opened by Tony (Fouchereau).
Tony has opened quite an amount of new problems in that area, but I must say that even though the boulder is small, this is one of the nicest I have done there so far.
"Pachamama (assis)" is indeed a short problem, but the compression moves on those bad slopers from the sitstart make it much harder than it looks. The fight was a lot tougher than may appear in the video.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Marie-Thérèse - Pachamama (assis) 7B+




After "Pachamama (assis)", the skin on my fingertips was completely wrecked, so I called it a day.
While walking to the car, I crossed Laurent Darlot and during the short talk we had, he told me that it had been raining hard around Milly-la-Forêt, which seemed a bit weird because the few drops that I had felt, were countable on two hands.
Indeed, barely 5 km from where I had been climbing, the streets were soaked when I drove through Arbonne-la-Forêt. I had really been climbing on the border of the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment