Sunday, May 5, 2019

May 05, 2019 - Weird weather.

Very weird weather today. Sunny and warm periods were interrupted by short rain showers, chilly winds and a few times even hail.
I took the risk to drive to Apremont, and was somewhat surprised by the few number of cars parked near the buvette, not an every Sunday view this time of the year.
Far from all boulders were dry, but those that were seemed to be in very good conditions thanks to the cold breeze that found its way through the trees. I didn't want to take too much risk and set my mind on a specific project, but wanted to stroll around and try what I would feel like on the way.

The recently (re)developed area around "Basket Ball" has been named Apremont Marie-Thérèse now and quite a few new boulders have been opened by Tony Fouchereau and Thierry Vasseur.
The first new boulder that I tried was "Épiphénomène", which felt a bit soft for the grade as it was done on my second attempt.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Marie-Thérèse - Épiphénomène 7A




I briefly tried many other boulders, but was interrupted by short rain showers a couple of times which made me decide to move on to the next one. There wasn't really anything that was nice enough staying longer for, waiting for it to dry again.
I finally ended up trying a few problems in Apremont Butte aux Dames on the way back, and was able to tick off the one-mover "Débardage".
One hard and far move from very bad crimps to a slopey two finger pocket. I finished it just in time, because it started to hail again when I was packing the crashpad.

Fontainebleau - Apremont Butte aux Dames - Débardage 7B+

No comments:

Post a Comment