Thursday, June 29, 2017

June 29, 2017 - One last before we go.

I had to prepare for the trip to Biaritz tomorrow, but the weather in the morning looked quite good and despite that everything outside was wet, I set off for a last short climbing session.
With everything being still wet, I know it's a big risk to go to Franchard Sablons, but I took it and it turned out to be not as bad as one would expect.
"Jokary" for example, looked wet, but the undercling was dry and good hold on the left was good enough. The slab near the top was very humid, but I knew that I could skip all the holds in it and reach directly to the top.

I had tried "Jokary" already a few times when I was around, but somehow was never able to finish it.
Now, for some reason, it didn't feel difficult at all and went down on my second attempt.

Fontainebleau - Franchard Sablons - Jokari 7A+(7A)




At about 10m from "Jokary", I had a look at the overhang with "Le Journal du Hard" and was pleasantly surprised that the boulder was dry where it was needed.
I remember that I tried it once and couldn't even do the first move, but it was some time ago and I felt ready for it. The fact that I didn't have the time to look for other dry boulders around probably played a role too.

Anyway, already with my first try I felt that it was going much better and I started trying harder until I topped out ten minutes later.
Great problem!

Fontainebleau - Franchard Sablons - Le Journal du Hard 7A+




And now ... Surf's up!

No comments:

Post a Comment