Saturday, June 17, 2017

June 17, 2017 - What's up with the falling?!

It was announced to be very hot today, so I left early to the very shady, slow drying area of Boissy Le Plaid.
The sector was kept secret for a long time, but about half a year ago, it was published together with some new problems. Some more were even opened about two weeks ago.
Apart from the newest ones, I had already seen all the problems on a wet day and it was "L'Éprouvantable" that received most of my interest for coming back on a day in or near Summer when there was enough time to dry.

It already started to get very warm by the time I started warming up trying some of the newest problems, but topping none.
With this heat I wanted to save my skin for my main goal, "L'Éprouvantable".
The problem was dry but the conditions felt miserable on my first attempts and I slipped unexpectedly from the last difficult move, fell elbow first half on the crashpad and half on some big stones (small boulders let's say).
It was a nasty fall, but again I was quite lucky. Besides a big scratch on my elbow I was intact.

The start with the both hands on the pedestal is somewhat silly, but as soon you are hanging in compression it's a first class problem until the end.
The last difficult move, where I slipped before is quite a tricky one.

Fontainebleau - Boissy Le Plaid - L'Éprouvantable 7A(7A+)




Just like all other problems that I have tried in the area, I found this also hard for the grade.
It can be also due to the slightly different texture of the sandstone in the area. 
As it stays wet for long, the holds all look like they could break easily, which kind of holds me back in the force I want to apply to them.
Nevertheless, I can truly recommend "L'Éprouvantable" and the area in general, especially on hot Summer days.

No comments:

Post a Comment