Monday, August 28, 2023

August 28, 2023 - Not from this world.

I had planned to go and try "Alien" again on Wednesday evening, but when an unexpected opportunity turned up to go back this evening and try "Alien" without having to keep an eye on time, I decided to take it. As I hadn't eaten anything yet today and didn't want to climb with a full belly neither, I ate a handful of dried raisins for some quick sugar, and set off.
The conditions appeared better than two days ago, so I setup the camera and immediately went for it. My warmup attempt went smooth and just when I had the last hold, I somehow came off, but I didn't let it get to me. Fully aware that the sugar level would go down pretty fast, I took a five minute break, breathed deep in and out through my nose, like my older sister advised and went for it again. It went smooth until I got into "Vandale", where I almost fell off, but I kept it together, regained my focus and topped out. I needed a few minutes to let it sink in.
Really happy to have done this beauty that long ago seemed impossible to me!

Fontainebleau - Rocher Cailleau - Alien 7C

No comments:

Post a Comment